Excellent opportunity for talented software engineers with C/C++/embedded development skills – Surrey, UK.
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic technology company that develops software for automated video content analysis.
Established in February 2007 and based near Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, the company is looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join its team of experienced technical and management personnel.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, you will be a technology driven individual with at least 3 years C/C++ commercial software development experience. The ideal candidate will show a demonstrable interest in computing and evidence of programming outside the boundaries of the workplace. It is likely that your interest in computing started early in your life and you will be able to use your initiative to create solutions to technical problems that have not been solved before.
The role involves the development of software for the automatic detection and monitoring of specific situations within real-time video streams. The target platforms are Linux, Windows and embedded ARM/DSP so excellent C/C++ development skills in real-time environments are essential. You will have previous development experience in image/video/audio/signal processing on PC and embedded platforms.
You will have at least a good (I or II-I) bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar discipline from a top-tier university. You will be proficient in written and spoken English.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who relishes a challenge and wants to be a part of an exciting company to play a key role in shaping our new products for a high growth market area.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, contributory company pension scheme and 25 days paid holiday.
About VCA Technology
VCA Technology develops video analysis software for IP cameras, video servers and PC-based platforms. Typical applications of our software include intrusion detection, object tracking, and people and vehicle counting..
- II-I or higher degree in Electronic Engineering or similar from a top-tier university.
- At least 3 years C/C++ commercial development experience on Windows and DSP platforms.
- Demonstrable interest in technology both in and out of the workplace.
- Experience with audio, video, image, signal processing or similar technologies.
- Proven ability to develop high quality software on a range of PC-based and embedded platforms.
- Experience of real-time image processing, object detection and tracking.
- PhD or Masters in image processing/object tracking.
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Surbiton, Surrey
- Start: ASAP
- Salary: £Negotiable depending on experience.
- Eligibility: Must be able to work and reside in the UK.
To apply for this role, send a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org