Excellent opportunity for Computer Vision Expert with C/C++ development skills – Surrey, UK.
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic technology company that develops software for automated video content analysis.
Established in February 2007 and based near Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey, the company is looking for a skilled Computer Vision Scientist/Engineer to join its team of experienced technical and management personnel. The company has developed a range of automated video analysis applications for the security and retail markets on PC and DSP platforms, and is one of the leaders in automated visual security products.
Reporting to the CTO, you will be a technology driven individual with at least 3 years C/C++ commercial software development experience. The ideal candidate will show a demonstrable personal interest in this subject area and have evidence of completed real projects to support their application.
The role involves the development of software for the automatic detection and monitoring of specific situations within real-time video streams. The target platforms are PC (x86 Windows & Linux), DSP, custom embedded hardware and GPU-based platforms. You will have extensive experience developing in both PC-based and also real-time highly parallel, embedded environments (e.g. GPU or DSP). You will have a PhD or similar in the area of computer vision from a Russell group university (or similar), and extensive demonstrable experience of object detection, tracking, classification and recognition with a real-time focus.
You will be proficient in C/C++, and be able to learn new development languages and skills quickly and easily. You will be competent at writing, reading and speaking English and be legally allowed to undertake employment in the UK
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who relishes a challenge and wants to be a part of an exciting company to play a key role in shaping our new products for a high growth market area.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, contributory company pension scheme and 25 days paid holiday.
About VCA Technology
VCA Technology develops video analysis software for IP cameras, video servers and PC-based platforms. Typical applications of our software include intrusion detection, object tracking, and people and vehicle counting..
- PhD with a significant focus on computer vision (object detection, tracking and recognition) or similar from a top-tier university.
- At least 3 years C/C++ commercial development experience on PC-based platforms
- Demonstrable interest in computer vision both in and out of the workplace.
- Demonstrable experience of implementing computer vision applications in for real-time execution.
- Experience of computer vision algorithm optimization for DSP and GPU based systems.
- Experience with nVidia CUDA
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Surbiton, Surrey
- Start: ASAP
- Salary: £Excellent depending on experience.
- Eligibility: Must be able to work and reside in the UK.
To apply for this role, send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com