Analytics Development Kit (ADK)
Are you a camera manufacturer or VMS developer interested in embedding VCA Technology analytics into your solution?
VCA Technology's analytics engine is available as a development kit for embedding into 3rd party applications hosted on Windows and Linux PCs, ARM-based embedded platforms and a range of TI DSPs.
Supplied as a pre-built library with source code for a reference implementation, the VCA engine consumes video frames and generates an XML output stream that contains analytics metadata and event alert notifications.
The XML metadata produced by the VCA engine contains a full scene description that includes:
- Details of every tracked object, including:
- Unique identifier
- Bounding box and historical trail points
- Object classification (e.g. person, vehicle, etc)
- Object speed, height, area and colour signature
- Details of every event that is active, including:
- Zone id and name
- Rule id and name
- Object id
- Start and end times
- Details of any configured counters and their current values
- Diagnostic 'blobmaps' of the underlying change detection and tamper detection modules
In addition to adding real-time analytics alerting functionality to a range of PC and embedded devices, the VCA engine can also be used to implement a forensic post-event search system.
Such a system can be implemented with the following steps:
- Feed real-time video into the VCA engine
- Parse the XML metadata stream generated by the engine and insert it into a relational database
- When the client issues a search request, assemble a query and execute it on the database
- For the results that are returned, fetch the corresponding video from the video archive
- At the client side, overlay the annotation of the VCA event on top of the video and replay it
The major benefit of a forensic search system is that the search parameters can be selected after an event has occurred: zones, rules and search time can all be retrospectively changed, which cuts down search times by many orders of magnitude.
For more information about where to get VCA and for assistance with integrating the engine to add value to your solution, please contact us.